Spring is a great time to sell your home!! A large number of buyers are actively searching for new homes before the new school year begins. Buyers are typically enticed by new, fresh listings! If your home has been hanging on the market since the holidays, give the below improvement list a try and raise the odds that your home will stand out among the others in your area.
- Clean/pressure wash the exterior of the house.
- Clean rain gutters as well as windows and screens.
- Make sure the front door is inviting. Painting it can make a huge difference.
- Replace any outdated exterior lighting or bulbs.
- Check for any water stains and paint where needed.
- Replace house numbers if the old ones are faded. Be sure the new numbers are visible from the street.
- Buy a new Welcome mat for a nicer entrance.
- Remove clutter. Potential buyers may not be able to see through the clutter. Rent a storage unit or portable pod for the elimination process.
- Organize closets and drawers. Buyers may peek in.
- Make any necessary repairs, especially those that are obvious, so buyers don’t have to add that to their list of expenses.
- Rearrange furniture to make rooms appear as large as possible.
- Make every surface shine. Don’t forget interior windows, mirrors, and floors.
- Scrub every inch of the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Depersonalize each room allowing the buyers to see themselves in the home.
- Buy new toss pillows for couches, chairs, and beds if necessary.
We hope this list is helpful! When you are ready to list your home for sale in the Savannah, Rincon, Pooler, Bloomingdale, Guyton, Port Wentworth, Georgia areas, please give us a call. We are ready to assist you!