Richmond Hill is a city in Bryan County, Georgia, United States. James Oglethorpe, only a year after the founding of the Georgia colony at Savannah, awarded grants of land on the Ogeechee River in 1734. Once known as St. Phillips Parish, Bryan County was established in 1793. On February 1, 1797 the Bryan County justices valued 2 acres at the Cross Roads for $24 for the purpose of establishing a permanent county seat in courthouse. Cross Roads was the intersection of the Savannah-Darien Stage Road and the Bryan Neck Road. The Cross Roads became Ways Station in 1856 when the Savannah, Albany & Gulf R.R. was built across the nearby Ogeechee River into Bryan County. Near this site a train depot was built, which came to be known as "Ways No. 1 ½" for William J. Way, the first station master and a local rice planter on lands through which the railroad passed. A settlement grew up in the section between the railroad tracks and the Crossroads just to the west.
Featured ListingsMORE LISTINGS
Presnell Partners Real Estate Team
Coldwell Banker Intercoastal Realty, Office: (912) 826-0927 or Direct: (912) 509-0621